|Condition ||You Would Say...
- Brand New
||Yes! I got a brand new club!
- No scratch marks, even upon extremely close inspection in the sunlight
- Never been used, still covered in shrink wrap
A - Like New
||Oh, it doesn’t look like “used”!
- Cannot see any scratch marks unless you look very closely under sunlight
- Looks almost brand new with traces of limited previous use
- 1 or 2 marks upon close inspection
- Shines like brand new
B - Very Good
||All right, I don’t care about just a few scratches.
- Normal ball marks, none very deep, large, or noticeable when addressing the ball
- Some small marks and light streaks, but none that would affect performance of the club
- Looks good overall with a nice shine
C - Good
||It’s a little bit dirty, but that’s what a used golf club is! ||
- Many light scratches you can see and feel
- Ball marks noticeable on its face
- Paint slightly peeled off in places but not to a large degree
- Logo may be fading slightly
- Has lost some of its shine
D - Average
||I just wanted to try a different club at a low price.
- Many deep, noticeable scratches, including ones that could catch your nail
- Significant paint loss
- Engraving significantly faded
- Loss of shine
- Surface material is fading, can see the undercoat in parts
- Engraving is fading
- Beginning to rust